Friday, March 13, 2009

My Youth: Reliving the Past


Day 21 Post 9 

**Writer's note: Obviously, I don't need to explain myself. It is now day 21 of "100 Blogs in 100 Days," and I am slowly falling behind. I have no excuses. Now, I am going to refocus and think about new themes to write about.**

Lately, the "Charlie Brown" cartoons have consumed my thoughts for the last week; and even perhaps more than time that. Somehow, whenever I watch one of episodes that I have seen in my childhood, I get transported back to that time in my life. It is as if my clouded memory of the past clears, as if realizing the importance of my retracing the past. Is it simply the retracing of my past?  Perhaps I am just wanting to remember a happy time in youth that I have long since forgotten--I would just like to state for the record that I am very content with my life and present situation. 

Well, back to "Charlie Brown," those cartoons are still fun to watch. Chuck and Peppermint Patty's lop-sided battle on the baseball diamond is hilarious, peppered with witty and concise humor. Each character is unique and yet so complimentary with the others making the simplicity of the cartoon's animation veil its innovation. Today, rarely do I hear about a cartoon show that is worth watching, especially since most 'innovative' cartoons are usually loaded with sexual innuendos, for the most part. The great Jazz music, now that is another post in the making. 

No comments:

Post a Comment