Friday, March 13, 2009

Man v Dog: Shubie's Revenge


Day 21 Post 10

Okay, Shubie and I have an interesting relationship. She is one of the sweetest, loving, and loyal dogs around, apparently with other people because she never seems to agree with me. Originally, I wouldn't have classified our relationship as a rivalry, since she never really beat me head-to-head. However, Shubie is a master-manipulator and she has found a way to influence my wife to advocate on her behalf. I have come to mind my surroundings to see if my wife is in the vicinity. If she is present, forget about it. Shubie and I cannot battle amongst ourselves. 

Our battles include her ignoring my commands as I take her out for a walk, feeding, and hygiene. Shubie escapes every time I try to give her a bath. Whenever she hears the water running, in our apartment, she bolts underneath a bed or behind some article of furniture. She demands patience. If I don't give it to her, Shubie usually becomes fidgety and unresponsive. All that being said, I do give her some slack because I understand that she is only a year and a half, and because she is still learning or at least attempting to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment