Thursday, March 5, 2009

Los Bukis: A Guilty Pleasure


Day 13 Post 6

I don't know why but I really enjoy listening to Los Bukis. Unfortunately, they are now longer together so I have to be content with listening to them on my ipod. It's weird to have this unexplained connection with this group. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Marco Antonio Solis's--the group's lead singer--vocal chords are basted with a chemical agent that is released whenever he sings, intoxicating the listener and brainwashing them to buy more Los Bukis albums--it would be awesome if that were true. 

I guess I have ties with this group because of my uncle. I remember him coming home one day--when I was about ten or eleven years old--and he brought home a Bukis CD. When I played the first track, my imagination went into overdrive. I can still remember clearly, the intro to the first song was extremely simple yet amazing in its simplicity. Internally, I think I was giving the composer some props because it was so beautiful. Interestingly, I currently don't own that album or song. I have always wanted to get it but I haven't gotten around to it just yet. If anyone out there owns this album, please forward it to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment