Friday, March 6, 2009

Finale: My Thoughts


Day 14 Post 7

**Writer's note: I just returned from a doctor's office visit. It turns out that I have bronchitis that was passed along to me by my beautiful wife. I am not blaming her for getting me sick because that would be unfair. After all, now she has no choice but to take care of me; and I like being taken care of.**

I really enjoy writing music. There is something about looking at a blank piece of sheet music and trying to formulate a new composition. I don't consider myself a great arranger or composer because I have a lot of things I need to learn when it comes to music theory and composition. 

It has been, at least, two years since I have written any music. Honestly, I am very rusty at composition; and to make matters worst, I am using a new system to write my music. For example, I take a crack at transcribing and arranging, what I thought to be, an easy song ('Cuando Calienta El Sol). After figuring out the commands with alternate notation and buttons, it took me all morning to complete my task. Usually, at the height of my writing, a song would take me no more than an hour and a half. It has been three days since I have had access to Finale. 

Now I am starting to get a hang of writing music and am starting to systematically create a new music catalogue that will be accessible to music students at different experience levels. One thing that I am constantly trying push-through is the fact that writing music can be a lonely thing. I can easily spend all day writing music. Currently, I am making an effort to step-back from my writing to do something else. I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment