Saturday, March 14, 2009

Morning Dog Walks


Day 22 Post 11

Every morning, my dogs--Sadie and Shubie--wait patiently as I wake-up, in order to take them outside for their daily walk. Sometimes, I have to set limits with them or else I run the risk of having to wake-up at Five o'clock am every day. Seven am is usually the time that I take them outside to do their business. 

They have gotten quite efficient at our little ritual every morning. When I wake-up, Sadie and Shubie are still sleeping--although I think that they know that I have just awoken and are just playing coy. It is only when I enter my bedroom with their dog leashes that both of them become actively, wanting to go outside with so muck alacrity. 

Once outside, they know our route by-heart--we usually go toward the parking lot and settle on a small patch of grass, on the corner of a small side street and one of the apartment's parking lot. In that grassy area, Sadie and Shubie usually just 'go number one,' unless they have to urgently have to use the restroom. Then, as a sort of conclusion to our daily escapade, both--sometimes simultaneously--relieve themselves of "number two" and kick-up large chunks--relative to their sizes--of lawn before wanting to head towards the apartment. Sometimes I feel as if they have me trains, as opposed to the other way around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment