Sunday, March 8, 2009

Being Sick Sucks


Day 16 Post 8

I don't think anyone likes being truly sick. Many people, have one time or another, played 'hooky' from school, work, or other responsibilities by saying that one is ill and not feeling well. When it really happens, it isn't any fun. For the last three days, I have been in and out of consciousness, locked in my apartment and not going farther that a five-feet radius from my bed. Bronchitis is no joke. 

On the first day that I admitted being sick, I must confess, I took advantage of all the attention that was placed on me. My wife made sure that I was well taken care of; and I made sure that I praised her effort. However, after day three, I began suffering from boredom. To curb this feeling, I tried to write music, taking my time and making sure that everything that I notated was correct. The only hinderance to this plan was a constant pounding on my temples while writing. I couldn't think, write or do anything worthwhile. 

Now I am just trying to relieve the dull pain by writing about them. I don't know if this is going to work because I just feel like I am rambling along without any clear thought--that may be the case with all my blogs. On the other hand, my dogs have been real nice and patient with me. They have postponed their daily morning walk and restroom break from 6 AM to 9 AM. However, if I take too long in waking-up or getting out of bed, Sadie and Shubie make sure that I hear their restlessness. We'll see what happens over the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment